Call Us: 678-916-7112
Get In touch
or Request A Free Quote
PO Box 617 • Woodstock, GA 30188
We are Local
Get a Free Quote
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of roofing do you do?
We install asphalt composite shingles for residential and commercial applications.
Do you work with insurance companies?
Yes. Everyday we are corresponding and working with local insurance companies. We are highly trusted and often recommended by insurance carriers.
Are you insured?
We are fully insured. Our crews carry workman’s compensation and general liability. Ridgepoint Roofing also carries workman’s compensation and general liability. If you’d like to speak to our insurance agent, please feel free to call Modern Family Insurance in Woodstock at 770-928-9122.
Can you help us with gutters, gutter covers and other trades?
We have crews that we work with everyday for roofing and gutters. We also have developed a list of trusted contractors and sub contractors. If we do not directly offer their service we can offer the name of someone who does.
What about my insurance deductible?
Not paying your deductible is insurance fraud. Insurance policies are written such that the first portion of the repairs belongs to the customer. Our prices are reasonable and competitive but we do not participate in insurance fraud.
Will your crews nail boards to my roof to stand on?
No. Not even on the steepest roof. Our crews use ropes, cushions and roof jacks to protect themselves and your new roof. There will be no holes in your new shingles from bottom to top.
Do you use roll off dumpsters?
No. We use hydraulic lift trailers on truck tires, as opposed to heavy dumpsters that can break concrete driveways.
What shingles do you recommend?
We use all the top brands in our market including Owens Corning, GAF/ELK, CertainTeed and more. Depending on your home and taste we can recommend the product and look that is best for you. We prefer Certainteed Landmark, because of its weight, quality and customer service of the brand.
What is the best form of ventilation?
It depends on your home’s design. We can help you design a system that most effectively ventilates your attic space. Ventilation is one of the most important aspects of a good roof system. We will take the time to help you understand your options and make sure you meet your new shingle’s warranty specifications.
How will I know if I need a new roof?
The obvious reason is leaks. However, if you’ve also experienced a big storm, you may have wind or hail damage. You may see the rock coming off the shingles, missing shingles, etc. If you have any doubts about the soundness of your roof we will give you an honest option on the remaining life.
What will the estimator look for when inspecting my roof?
Our estimators are experienced at gauging shingle wear. They will look for weather related damages (hail, wind) problems or potential problems, integrity and life of shingles and installation errors. The estimator will give you a professional opinion and options. We do not tell everyone that they have damage or that they need a new roof.
How long does a roof last?
Most shingles last between 15-20 years. The better shingle, the longer it lasts. Roofs also last longer with sufficient ventilation and proper installation.
Can a roof lower my energy bills?
Yes. Proper ventilation lowers temperature which will help protect your home from over heating.
What happens when I choose Ridgepoint?
- You will have a full consultation with one of our salesmen/estimators.
- During this meeting you will choose product, agree on scope of the work and pricing.
- You will need to sign our proposal/contract giving us authorization to complete the work.
- We will call you 24-48 hours before shingle delivery. (You do not need to be home for this delivery.)
- The crew usually arrives 24 hour after the roofing products. (You do not need to be home for the roof installation but you are welcome to watch the crew work.) However, if you are home, or have additional cars, please park on the street or in a covered garage.
- Our crew will arrive around 8am on the installation day.
- They will cover landscaping first. Then secure ropes and begin removal of former shingles.
- They will install flashing, nail the underlayment, shingles and then install all forms of ventilation. They will also paint all stacks and pipe black.
- They will clean up all remains.
- We will visit you within 24-48 hours to deliver your invoice and warranty and to pick up any additional nails that may have been left behind.